Saturday, May 30, 2009

Stop Bitching about your Job and Do Something!!



Leaving work a while ago, I felt so frustrated, overworked and unheard. It was almost as if I was on this work treadmill and everyone around me was pressing the faster button. I would try to turn it down but someone would come along and turn it up again. I spent a lot of time attempting to organize and reorganize my workload and suggesting that we needed a work shift in the office to no avail. I tried to work extra in order to catch up but it was tiring me out, not to mention the complaints every time I turned in my time card with overtime hours. I could not understand why no one could see that I was handling most of the work. Everyone was just unaware of my workload. I assumed no one cared and I needed to just suck it up. I mean in this economy, I was just happy to have a stable job. But this workload could not continue.

I went to my boss and told him that I needed help to be more efficient. He looked at me and said he didn't understand why when we had a full staff. I countered saying I could not continue to perform the way I was performing. He let me know he would give it some thought and the conversation and the request ended there. For weeks nothing changed and I never got any information on what he was "thinking." Now, I was not only frustrated but I also felt dismissed. Could he be feeling the same way as the rest of the staff? I started thinking I should look for another job, but I didn't want to quit. I really liked my job. I could not understand why my request was rejected. I cried about it, talked to my family, I googled it to see if I could come up with an answer to my dilemma. Nothing seemed to give me that light bulb moment.

Then one day...



Read the rest of this blog here:
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment